Monday, October 21, 2013

swapping spit

Under some extra stress our life together right now is feeling like a couple cuddling in a fox hole under a full blown air raid and trying to ignore it. Gotta love those bombs illogical ex's can drop. BC's ex response to his request he stop paying child-support since the kid (who is giving us quite a run for our money in the misbehaving at school market!) lives here full time now was: He should pay me more money. Every time I write that I feel I need to clarify that is not a typo, she wants more support paid to her for him to live here.    

And then there is the story deadline for the newspaper (and my class) coming in way too soon! Yes, believe it or not I hate having other people read my writing.  It scares the pants off me! 

Also the U has not forgotten I have never proved I received a measles shot back the 70's. Lab test to prove immunity won't help and it would cost 80 BUCKS- why won't it help? The CDC has news for all of you over 25 yrs of age: measles vaccine fails after about 7 years.  None of you have it anymore  ya'll been running around for years measles-naked and not knowing it.  But if you have your record that is okay, which I don't and hate me or love me I'm not getting a measles shot.

SO under all this going on we, BC and I, have been trying extra hard to be madly deeply in love. Mostly it is working.

Every morning we bring each other coffee and keep each others cups full.  There is no assignment or score chart just a easy flow between us that's been going on for some 11 years. This morning it was BC doing the honor only somehow he managed to put sugar in both cups- I drink black coffee, he requires added sweetness I am sweet enough just as I am.  His solution was to pour one of the cups back into the pot thinking it would dilute it enough I would never notice.  "My coffee tastes like it has sugar in it." I said after taking a sip not looking up from the computer (working on that damn paper!). He frowned and admitted what he had done.  "It's not so bad," I assured him, "usually if I drink your coffee by accident I spit it right back out into your cup because it tastes so bad."

Like I said before, I am sweet enough just as I am and that is mostly working...

     


No comments:

Post a Comment