Tuesday, February 26, 2013

good impractical advice to not follow

I have been taught to fear lots of things.  Driving over a cigarette on the freeway can blow up your car. Hiking is dangerous because you might fall off the mountain.  Jeeps and motorcycles big no-no's.  Pilot lights, lighters, and campfires all highly explosive.  Lightening & outlets kill at random. And never stick a knife in a toaster.  


So I am standing barefoot in the kitchen with a steak knife and butter knife shoved in the toaster using them (unsuccessfully I might add) like chopsticks in an attempt to remove a piece of bread that I have managed to wedge in but not out of the toaster.  And as I am watching this go down wondering about whether or not you can actually be electrocuted doing this I thought of a rather good assessment & piece of advice I was given late yesterday:  I think it is safe to say the box you stuff all the things you can't deal with has reached capacity.  You have 1 of 2 choices, either have nothing else go wrong your entire life or start unpacking your shit.


I think I'll try my luck with what is behind curtain #1, Dick....lol    

No comments:

Post a Comment