Monday, June 4, 2012

the poligamists had kittens, yeah that doesn't sound right

The day before yesterday I announced we will never get another cat so I should have seen this coming...
BC and Beach went down the street to see a girl about moving a chicken coop while I was at home watching an entire season of Sister Wives on DVD.  But instead of nothing out of the ordinary happening Beach came on a mission to rescue some lethargic abandoned kittens in one of the polygamist's field. 
 
We had to get permission to hop a few fences to get to where the kittens were laying.
 
Out of respect I snapped only a few pic's of the natural spring springing in the pasture and of some of the horses, it took a whole lot of restraint I don't really have to not just go ape shit and photograph everything I saw
 
or stepped in.
We took the two we could catch, which was reach down and pick up, these poor things were laying on the ground flat as pancakes.  There was a third who we could not get to and no amount of encouragement could move her.  Two more were snatched from a different fence line by some suspicious looking youths with questionable motives :/
"Every morning Olivia gets up and moves the cat...and moves the cat again..."
Hungry hungry hippo cats!
So besides Beach (& me) and Little Dog, drooling in the corner, does anyone want a kitten?

1 comment:

  1. No thanks! The farm we are working at has I don't know how many litters of kittens right now. But we are excited that we will be bringing home one of the puppies this week! (Course if we were living in our own house instead of my in-laws, I probably would be bringing home a kitten, and a duck, and a goose...)

    ReplyDelete