Wednesday, January 7, 2015

waiting outside the waiting room

I slept in my clothes just in case. That is a healthy dose of crazy and practical.

It's 7 am and the peds office opens at 8:30. The target is to be the first worried parent through on the phone this morning to get the earliest appointment possible to sort all this stomach stuff out. Back of the mind target is not to get all weird now and just show up at 8:30 am after being this calm this long. 

Beach is up and acting Disney Cheerful.
(Oh, this kid....)

I explained what was likely to happen at he doctor's office: blood draw, stool sample, pee in a cup, lots of questions, maybe x-ray or ultra sound. 


She balked at the peeing in a cup. I explained the reason. She took the answer, rolled it around and said okay, I hope I have good aim.

I asked if she was nervous.
She said, no, going to the doctor sounds interesting.

She said the only reason she was crying while I carried her out of the gym last night was because she had wanted to tell Big Coach D she had finished her series before she left but was in too much pain to talk. 

(Oh, this kid!) 

She saw a news clip about the Boston Marathon bombing and said in a low voice, oh I don't like THAT bombing.


Which reminded me of the odd thing she said the other day. A friend asked her if the year she competed in Las Vegas if she had gone with Sophie or if Sophie had gone with her. Beach said, neither, our grown-ups took us
(...but she sure is a funny kid!)

And when I asked for the umpteen time how she was feeling she finally admitted she can still feel 'something' like it is there but not there ever since her the pain started on Monday afternoon...something she had been denying. Something she did bars and beam with. Looking pretty good too.


I told her the doctor is going want her to do as much of the question answering as possible. Especially because of the whole gym thing. I explained that stress can cause stomach pain in people, real and not exactly real- the pain not the people. "If it was any other kid getting stomach pain suddenly before gym or right before...well you were going to break weren't you..."

She said, Yep, I'm afraid of doing break. 

(Oh, this kid, sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment