Thursday, September 19, 2013

small scale farming (don't expect much)

 The other day I told Beach if she was hungry we could go out in the field and dig up potatoes.  And despite being raised here on this crazy little farm most of her life she told me that was over the top strange. 
"Mom, most people say go the store and buy potatoes."  
"Okay, then you can go out back dig up potatoes and I will charge you for them."
"Do we have Top Ramen?"
Okay then I will do it.  I have to work tonight so how about some slow cooker chicken-potato-carrot chowder? Nice potatoes, right?
 But while I was out there toiling in the fields (hahahaha)
Anyone remember the time I encountered an angry charging stray-ish pitbull? 
Would you look at that, hello old friend.  Like our new fence? I sure do.
 Okay so I came away with the perfect basket full of produce for soup and something else that cracked me up.  A hand full of miniature produce.
 Carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes.
 Don't forget this guy- a very personal watermelon.
 Late summer basket of goodies and
some honest to goodness small scale farming :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment