Friday, September 20, 2013

a million and a half

That is how many things I have to do in the next 24 hrs.  School, homework, housework, a piece for the community paper, house work, garden, pack and shop for camping, extra ninja pick ups and drop offs, ninja sleep-over, work twice, gym twice, and an eye appoint for Beach. It however does not include putting up 40 pounds of grapes for juice and yet somehow it does now.  BC the walking disaster that he has been lately has some issues in the kitchen during what we call my 'busy phase' this week.  Left to handle dinner a few nights in a row he has managed to fumble every single one. Hence the fb post:


“And it came to pass that for 4 nights and 4 days he did fuck-up dinner. Wearily I say unto him let the children lead you, for it is they who knowith how to put out fires and order pizza. Amen.”

Okay 'get it yourself' might have been too vague for 3 nearly adult males to find the left over tray of enchiladas in the fridge or the left over chicken and rice so let’s try ‘put is and this in a pan and cook it‘- no, too complex.  How about ‘throw this in the over to bake‘- too time dependent.  Let’s try turn on the crockpot- seriously asshole? one button I mean really the dogs could have done it! (meant in the most loving way of course)


In the end I have come home every night from school or work to cook dinner at at least 8 PM plus while grownish men look as frantic as chickens caught eating in my garden.

Today the million and a half things to do day started with leaf shaped pancake, coffee (lots of coffee), farm chores, making grape juice, a little home education, some trouble with the boy children, a phone call from mother-in-law, and a reminder to BC about Beach’s eye appointment tonight while I (the stay at home parent) is off at work.  Not kidding end of paragraph reminder of appointment. I say, “I guess since I will be gone you need me to cook dinner too?”    
“No, I got it I don’t have anything I have to do tonight.” hysterical laughter inside my head laughter! It is easier to laugh than cry :)

Suppose I have a million and a one and a half things to do in the next 24 hours…...
     
On the upside: BC sure does know how to make a girl feel needed   The events of this week follows a discussion triggered by another couple’s fight about the value of a stay at home parent verses the value of a double income.  Point one scored in my stay at home favor.  BC gracious conceding the point: staying home is hard, valuable, and should be regarded with high respects and occasion gifts of cheap beer.

Now a last piece of parting wisdom for the good of mankind: if you happen to see a woman dressed in the exact same outfit as she was wearing the day before you should make a point to tell her how fabulous she looks because she just might be trying to juggle too many things all on her own and could use the complement.




No comments:

Post a Comment