Sunday, May 27, 2012

and you thought spiders were scary

Holy Emesis, don't get me started on feelings about puke! For someone who loves blood and guts I sure can take my fear of regurgitation to levels unseen in the standard Nut House.  Poor Beach puked after a lot of warning that this might happen.  Rolled over in my bed and threw up right off the edge like it was a ship at sea, only it wasn't a ship it was my sheets, the leather side boards, the pile of laundry the lazy maid left just sitting there.  When it happened I was about to eat something, this is the second most messed up part of this sick tale, intelligent me was busy pushing some limits.  It was about 6 pm and over the course of the day I had a 1/4 of a banana, 2 cups of coffee, and a four mile run with a side of 10 minutes of hill sprinting.  What I was about to eat at the moment I heard, "Mom, (wreck)..." was going to make up for all that or all that it wasn't

At any rate I can assure you I'm not going to starve to death, I am well above my fighting weight (it would be fair to say if we were the Donner's I'd be the main course) & my attention span just isn't that long.  The issue is the hypo in the room, the hypoglycemic who thought...I don't know what I was thinking but it wasn't about puke in my future. 

So me and my best friend bleach got to work. I opened every door and window even though it was really cold, ran through the hot water in the water heater twice, used a full gallon & a half of bleach, rewashed any & all clothing, sheets, blankets, towels, etc. that were free ranging in the house with laundry soap and hydrogen-peroxide. I took all the dishes out of the cupboards washed them in the dishwasher and bleached down the whole kitchen, even the coffee pot wasn't spared just in case.  I filled the sink with boiling water and soap and more bleach and washed the floors and bathrooms.  Then I had a moment where I thought I should burn the place down. (It is still an option.)
Luckily, Beach is feeling better this morning, asking for seconds of banana-smoothie and wanting to order things like the menu form the Titanic(damn infomercials!).  I however am refusing to touch anything or let anyone touch me.  Even B.C. bringing coffee got the third degree "Did you wash your hands? What did you touch getting this? Did you set this down any where on the way up?"...needless to say I need to find a way to chill out and for some strange reason we seem to be out of bleach.   

And PS From the other day...I did get my pear(s), my coffee, my real friend, and my moment in the sand.  Thanks LD.  

2 comments:

  1. I am telling you what - - if you don't start taking care of yourself, I am going to come over every four hours and force feeding you - and you probably won't like my cooking - so ya better start taking care of yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I really am doing what I need to do I promise!!! And for the most part (if puke isn't involved) I am textbook perfect on the nutritional lines even my Doc's are surprised how good I am being about it all :)

      Delete