Monday, November 10, 2014

reason no. 3 to be a morning person, the early runner always finds the bodies

One day I will wake up and go for a nice little run and it will  be so calm and peaceful it will be right out of an orange juice commercial. The End.
Thank god today was not that day....
I had decided it was early enough & cool enough to sneak north. I figured the spiders under the freeway bridge (& the homeless) would be sleeping. What I didn't count on finding was a beaver on the side of the trail.
I finished my run- fast. 
Collected Beach and drove back to the nearest trail head. We had to run a field and hop a fence or 2 (may or may not have included a tiny bit of trespassing) but there it was.
 
Okay, so not quite as dead as I remembered it being when I was there alone 
but still....
 The threat of rabies is always a good topic to brush-up on.
 That would be Beach refusing to come down off the rail after the 'dead' beaver lunged at me while I was taking a close-up.
 Nothing but confidence in her mother's ability to evaluate risk & road kill. 
 Anyway, I was half right, it was mostly dead.
 I can assure you the one thing I will not die from is boredom. 


1 comment: