Sunday, October 26, 2014

360 degrees

 It is one small corner of our farmstead on a perfectly normal fall morning that I am called outside to come see.  This is what I found.  
360 degrees of life playing itself out.  The whole act, new baby chicks, the cat, the mouse, the eggs, and the child all within 20 square feet.   
"Children learn through self-directed, hands-on, real-world experiences." 
I warned her the mouse might bite her. I warned her of the heavy and painful consequences if that was to happen. 
She weighed the risk and made her own decision. 
 As I did when I tried to pick up one of the hatch-lings 
I wasn't so lucky and got nipped by the hen.
 What to do about a little clutch of eggs this late in the season.
The craziest part about all this on-slot of animal life is the whole reason Beach was out in that corner of the yard to begin with... she was waiting for this guy to show up!
Beach has 'inherited' this sun conue from my cousin and her kids.
 This place is so crazy....


No comments:

Post a Comment