Saturday, November 8, 2014

forget the moon

I'm pretty sure none of what I write today will make much sense. Dispatches from the far field... thoughts like words you can hear but not quite make out because the distance is too great. 


Or perhaps that is a lie.
I know exactly what is there under the layer of fragile frost. 
I know what the moon stirs over the night.



but i'm not big enough to do anything about it 

Not smart enough to remember that flip-flops are a poor choice for a morning stroll around the perimeter of the farm checking fences; checking for casualties of the night.


Dragging around my camera, a cup of coffee, and a the obvious signs that I have broken a finger or two one too many times.

 "It never occurs to her something is wrong when it is. 
They said that is the reason she travels in the company of dogs."  
~Life With Man, mlb~


No comments:

Post a Comment