Wednesday, April 16, 2014

taking one for the team

We got Jack Cat (female) fixed this morning at the local animal shelter. 


  7:29 a.m. sitting in the parking lot waiting for the clinic to open- trying to drop Jack Cat off and still make it to 8 a.m. gym on time.   


 As planned the appointment/surgery included her second set of shoots. Also included micro chip ($25) and pain rx ($15) because the nice receptionist nurse asked loud enough for my sweet Beach to overhear the questions and I am a sucker for her softness. 

The Vet however was more careful when he felt Jack Cat's belly and tried to ask the standard question if there was a "complication" (which there wasn't) what then did I want done. I intercepted his awkwardness and assured him our cat was not Catholic. The whole point of fixing a feral cat is to not have more feral cats. He laughed and promised to take good care of our "boy named girl cat". Won't matter after this anyway :) 


 And as much as I try to be callous about this semi feral cat I did break down and call to check on her. Got told "She's awake but she's not making eye contact with anybody....she does growl and hiss....I think it would be fine if you picked her up early..."


 Sure does look sweet and yet even here asleep she was actually growling.  
Way to stay true to yourself Jack <3


No comments:

Post a Comment