Thursday, February 28, 2013

to sit

It happened like this.  


I told BC I wanted to go camping.............for about a month.
  

No really, I want to sit in the desert for a week. 


Then I want a week of running and hiking.  


Another week of sitting.


And a week of watching.  


I picture myself in a plaid lawn chair in the middle of nowhere while Beach runs through fields of sage and the pain between my shoulder blades lessens.  


"You know what we could do? Hike the Simpson Range for a week into Judd Creek."  He offers.


I picture me back packing with a lawn chair tied to the outside of my Kelty, Gypsie and Kilo at my heels.


"I want to sit and Judd Creek has biting flies. What about White Rocks?"  


"You would be bored out there." He says. 


"What about Desert Mt?  I could sit there."  


He paused to think.  "You're not okay are you?"  


"No, I'm fine...."


"I just really-really need a place to sit down."


No comments:

Post a Comment