Wednesday, August 29, 2012

standing in kansas

Still sick. I spent a half hour getting my feet taken care enough to put on shoes so I could water my garden, it’s been a while.  Things have changed some good, some bad.
The peaches are getting ripe and a baby watermelon has popped out.  I threw out 7 tomatoes rotting on the vines and picked the ones now showing signs of irregular watering.
I am sicker today than I have been all week.  The medical care of last week not holding.  But it’s a funny thing to step into the garden as the sun breaks from a cloud only to be swallowed by another.  I moved around watering and walking being chased by a cat who thought I should have feed her before going there.  I walked among the sunflowers and it got hotter and hotter until I felt the world spin a little under my feet. 
All last week I struggled with a piece/story I was offered by the West View.  Even the coming and going of the formatting deadlines have failed to stop the problems within the reporting; I am not even on my most delusional days a Reporter, in fact I have a better chance of being Superman than Clark. 
We started homeschool last week.  Of course I’m a mom so I been cleaning & cooking.   While Beach is at gym which is now at night I have been working for my friends business.  And after all the prep and care that goes into the end of summer hand off at the last minute the Step Son elected to stay longer cutting his return to school in Idaho pretty darn close. So much for all that laundry I did.  I missed the double feature at the drive in movie last night with my family because someone thought it would be a good idea if I laid down first so I would feel well enough to go.  It didn't work out that way. 
I need to track down my X while he is on vacation to handle a 'situation' about my son which can't wait.  Beach the rock is starting to so signs of cracking under the discrepancies of living in a not so blended family all summer.  Often, in divorces, in the name of 'fairness' the same favored nation policies which foster terrorism and wars are applied to children, with the same end result: terrorism and war.  Beach is acting out at gym.  We've had 2 talks about it with her coach (and a remembrance that the same thing happened last year for the same reasons).  With meet season at the doorstep, Beach didn't really need to be given another handicap.
These were the thoughts floating around in my mind like the morning clouds, everything was hazy and sticky.  I was probably standing looking dazed when BC, a funny little smile on his face, met me at the gate.   He took the hose I was haphazardly dragging around.  He kissed me on the neck and told me to go get dressed it was time to go back to the doctor.



No comments:

Post a Comment