Wednesday, August 29, 2012

crazy

"..the lawyers were morally outraged..." 
It is a line from an old this American Life program that I thought was too funny not to remember.  Perhaps my fever is the only thread which ties that statement to this BUT it popped into my mind.  So I was on the phone with the new cell phone company trying to sort out the bill then pay it. After giving all the right info the guy told told me I wasn't authorized on the account.  I tried finding BC out in the yard but when you hardly have a voice yelling does no good.  After 5 extremely awkward minutes of me apologizing for the wait, searching, calling for BC, and back to apologizing I gave up.  "Look buddy, I set this account up for him, I have his social, his check book, his visa, the bill, I do things for him you don't want to know about, I even had one of his children, besides you guys want me authorized when he was in charge the phones got turned off." 
"I see your point but we need him to authorize you until he does we cannot help you with anything relating to this account." 
"Even though one of the phones is mine?"
"I'm sorry, right now he is the only one authorized."
"Yeah-but I can't find him.  You don't get it our property is huge!!!" 
"You could try calling him on his cell phone." 
"The cell phone tied to this account?"
"Yes Ms. Brown, unless he has another one."
"Yeah if I was authorized I would but how about this, you can call him and I will wait for permission to pay you because no one seems to care whether or not I'm authorized when they ask me to punch in his visa number. Oh-but when you get him on the line will he ask him to go get me a beer? And let him know all the other bills are paid and that I think we should get pizza tonight 'cause I'm way too sick to cook.  Thanks I'll hold."
       

2 comments:

  1. You're the second-best sister ever! (Sorry, Ai has a permanent lock on first unless we have to dis-own her. She preceded you and has seniority. Them's the rules.)

    ReplyDelete