Friday, July 27, 2012

i think you're doing it wrong

It was a dark and stormy night.  
Well, actually it didn't rain until this morning but it was dark and it was night, 2 AM to be exact.  I found myself awaken by Little Dog downstairs barking, sighing loudly and letting out a whine.  Ten minutes later her little nails moving around on the hardwood click, click, click.  And another 10 minutes goes by she barks again. 

Logic says, if someone was breaking into the house I would have heard them.  It also says, the Big Dog would be barking too.  

It's a Ghost, Anti Logic whispers

What?!?! That is stupid! So I laugh and call the dog upstairs.  Click, click, click...she throws herself down on the top step, sighs, groans, and falls asleep. 

Perhaps she noticed there is a snake loose in the house, Logic offers. The glow in the dark scorpion has never been found either...

But before I fall back asleep she lets out a low growl then a soft bark, it echos down the stairs. I sit up and listen.  Nothing. 

Logic says, go back to sleep.  Beat dog in the morning. 

Good plan. 

3 AM I am awaken by Little Dog's nails clipping down the stairs followed by the a series of whiny-growl-barks, she is multitasking her vocal set. 

Damn, I think.  Logic?

...got nothing. But instead of beating her you could just trim her nails, oh-and remember we do have that urn in the house. 


How the hell is reminding me we have a burnt up dead body in the house helpful?!?!?!

>Logic shrugs<  

Anti Logic offers in a ghostly voice, "Doooggg sees." 

SHIT! What the hell does that mean? 

Logic says, oh I got this one. Don't you remember that episode of Ghost Hunters when they took their dog with them and they caught on tape the ghost saying, "Dooooggg sees."

Maybe, I say, but what I remember most is how cute Grant was.

Well, Logic says, maybe thinking about Grant instead of the burnt up dead body you keep in the cupboard, your dog barking at ghosts, and the ax murderer in the laundry room, would help you sleep.

Yeah, so one question: When exactly did the ax murderer show up?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment