Sunday, September 14, 2014

mishap of the flying kitty circus

Once again we are back to why feral cats don't always make the best pets. Now as feral animals go, Jack Cat is pretty okay as long as you follow the rules. 

For unknown reasons you can squeeze Jack, mush Jack, sit on Jack, even step on Jack but you can't pet her. 

It is also wise to not walk or stand, or sit with your legs danging if you don't know exactly where she is. And never walk up the stairs if she is in the house- NEVER 

Knowing all this last night after a long day of being gone and missing my pet feral cat. I was lying on Beach's bed with Jack safely locked in a death grip hug on my chest when Beach decided to join us. 

Now when a gymnast, even a very little one, decides to move quickly a lot of force comes with them. 

Beach hit the bed with the same G's she hits the vault table. Of course a small child seemingly dropping from the ceiling would upset any kind of cat feral or otherwise. In turn Jack made a reactionary vault heading in the opposite direction. 

Unfortunately for me I was in the direct epicenter of these 2 mega giants of physical force.  

Jack's jump which landed her all the way across the room originated from one tiny spot: the pointer finger of my left hand. And being a cat she pushed off my finger using a claw.   

Now I instantly knew something was wrong. I grabbed my finger to see if it had been severed from my hand which it had not. 

In fact my finger looked fine. 
But it didn't feel fine. 

There was a delay, actually there was an F-bomb then a delay, then a geyser of blood. One tiny puncture wound from one single claw, a shit ton of blood, and no off switch. (I got bored of applying pressure long before the bleeding stopped.)

It was as if Jack had stabbed me prison style with a pen knife. Pretty sure I got the full length of her claw inside my finger. That is a lot of gross when you think about it.      

Now for those of you who might not know I am very, very, very, allergic to cats. If and when I get scratched I also get super, super, super sick not to mention the alarming rate the wound becomes infected and scars. 

So a deep puncture in my finger is not a happy thing. I really prefer to keep my oozing infections skin deep. But there is not much I can do about it now but wait for the inevitable aftermath of the flying kitty circus and hope that when I have to go see Doc B he isn't wearing his skirt. Oh- Right, "utility kilt".

Raising cats with ninjas- don't try this at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment