Wednesday, May 29, 2013

in a napping place

 Beach quit napping before she turned 1.  I have tried over the years to get her to start back with no success.  Today napping was her idea. We lathered her heels in tiger balm and she did some stretching then under a goose down blanket we tried to sleep.
 But she couldn't stop squirming.  
I told her she was failing nap time.  
She lay quiet for a few minutes then asked, "What is my grade now?" 
When I answered "C-" she gasped in horror.
I told her to get an A one of us had to fall asleep.
 I'm pretty sure chronic pain isn't normal at nine.  Little zip lock bags of ice, tiger balm, napping brought on by pain, and a morning spent buying foods for ligament health isn't what I envisioned when I gave up a future in medicine to raise her.  But I am not the one sleeping.  This is her dream.  
 Beach on beam in high toe, ankles in neoprene.

It will be a shame to have to wake her for gym....


No comments:

Post a Comment