Tuesday, May 28, 2013

a double edge


It starts with not being able to get warm.
Then vertigo steps in.
And tiredness takes over.
 The ph in my blood turns acidic.
It taxes my kidneys and overloads my liver.
It is like clockwork.  I could calculate miles run and fat burned and know by number when this will hit me.  Forecast it like weather.  I knew standing on the scale this morning.  I felt it in my reluctance to run cold. Not bothering to take me over slowly by 10 am my stomach began to roll and I was shivering uncontrollable.
This is part of the disease I have.  The delicate alliance I have with my pancreas and even more fragile relationship it has with the rest of body.
On the other side of this small festering storm is better health, a stronger leaner me, and some say so in what goes on.  Meanwhile I am here, again.  It is where all my hard work has taken me: to the edge.  The storm clouds are thick and they are creeping across the valley.


Now it is a waiting game.
Sit back and wait for the back edge of the storm to pass me by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment