Sunday, April 28, 2013

the dogs will follow

 A lot of you know BC took a fall last Sunday (from the height of a 2 story building) while working on the new garage.  On the way down his leg became entangled in the scaffolding.  He was pretty sure he had broken his leg (a painful but small fracture non-displaced).  Since he refused medial care we will never know but considering he decided to go running with Beach and I this morning I would guess not broken.  
 Pretty typical of our family one plan going in two different directions.
 But what I noticed was the dogs I am both blessed and plagued with began following someone else...
Feels a bit like passing a torch.  And while we are talking about those dogs, last week while hiking Old Moses did something that made me realize how old & tired he was.  I know now we are on the downhill slide with him.  I spent a long time on that hiking accepting the gravity of knowing he will never walk that far at one time every again.  We were hiking the last long hike of his life.  Both Beach and I have taken to checking him for signs of life when he sleeping.  I can't help but watch for lasts so to see him trailing Beach & Ginger Dog is bittersweet.   

And yes, Ginger Dog is 3 for 3 in the 'doghouse' with me over the sitting in the road.  On the return run she walks out into the middle of California Ave, sits down, & refuses to come with called.  At no other point on the run is she disobedient, it is mind blowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment