Saturday, March 9, 2013

bread, amen


I have wanted a bread maker for over 20 years.  On my birthday my mother-in-law brought me 2!!! She handed me recipes and bags of stuff like wheat germ and gluten. Today I pulled one out to give it a try.  Never in my life has something so simple taken me so long to accomplish.  
Why would it be this hard to read the list dump the shit in and walk away?!?!  And there it is I don't trust it will work.  I don't believe. 
I finally manage to dump a glop of stuff inside the machine. I hit start and peered through the little window as it began to hum and turn.  Knowing, just absolutely knowing in a few hours I would be cleaning out the same glop in some sort of a degenerated condition.  
I am a doubter and disbeliever and someone who must see and feel to believe and this bread maker thing is way beyond my comfort zone.  The worse part is for the first time I feel bad for not being able to believe.
     

1 comment:

  1. Jill and I bought one of the first breadmakers on the market. It cost almost $200 back then. It looked like R2D2, big round thing with a glass domed top. LOVED the thing. Used the timer and woke to the smell of hot bread. But the thing had a mind of its own and must have hated servitude. One day it committed suicide, walked off the counter and smashed its little head.

    ReplyDelete