Saturday, May 12, 2012

the cast of irregular characters

Meet Me in my natural environment: hot water. I am a SAHM, evo-biologist, hiker-runner-camper, not a biker (so look out!), contributing local writer, & on occasion community activist. 
Likes: coffee.
Dislikes: no coffee. 
Fears: highway patrol, spiders, & humming birds (no, really think about there are scary as shit all pointy & fast, zip, zip,...they'll put your eye out!).   

This is the man BC, he belongs to me...Contractor, green-builder, farmer, dumpster diver.
There is Beach, the pint sized gymnastics-ninja. 
She takes after her father. So-so sweet.
 

Here are the nearly-growns:
The Alex-es. 
Girl Alex is mine. Boy Alex is Boy Alex.
Girl Alex has opinions & an internship at the historical archives.  She's a Nerd's-Nerd :)
C-Boy, Super-Hero-In-Training, he's mine too.  He is good at just about everything he does including mischief making- takes after his old mom. 
This is Fish, the step son. 
He is bigger now but this is a great pic. "Oh shit!" is his life philosophy, for now any way he's only 12.

Supporting roles:

Little Ginger Dog aka Pig-Pig
Big dog aka he's not my dog he belongs to BC. 
I don't have a poodle, even a big one, I'm not that kind of girl.
The bread pigeons, it's a long convoluted story involving yeast & surprise a dumpster...
The rabbits, got them the old fashion way. One from the state fair, one from the farm store, one from the pound, & the last two we stole rescued from the neighbors.
Herk, the pet Turkey. Not something I would recommend it gets a bit tricky in the fall when we kill & eat her boyfriends.
The chickens.
Dear Lord, the f*#!ing chickens!
The cats & random members of the SLC PD

You know looking at the line up I don't think there is going to be anything good to write about...just another housewife hard at work baking pies & ironing the sheets.
Welcome to my new space.

2 comments:

  1. Excited to follow along on this new chapter with you! I hope to some day have an urban farm of my own, and I aspire to be a good housewife so I will be taking notes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina, I am so glad you are joining me over here. :)

      Delete