Tuesday, May 22, 2012

the top of the bottom

4:45 am Good morning sunshine. 
Skunk in the trash. 
Little Dog doing her version of the pee-pee dance. 
Coffee. 
7 a.m. Pancakes.  Big ones for BC.  Dots for Beach.  None for me.  Water garden.  Watch a gang of thug magpies attack the cat.  Lose a dog.  Find a dog.  Laundry off the line.  Dinner into the crock-pot. 
Shredded Steak Sandwiches:
Brown meat in a well oiled skillet, the cut of meat matters very little after it cooks 12 hrs in black pepper & tomato sauce by then even your neighbors old cat would be tender & tasty!  Let the crock-pot (on low) work its magic.  When you are ready to eat shred the meat using a fork.  Top with pepper jack cheese sliced medium thick, green bell peppers sliced super thin, red onions also sliced super thin, on a toasted roll with a green salad on the side.     

Masked Magician on YouTube (questionable parenting). 
9 a.m. Misty & the Yoga Mat(PG-13 for language & adult topics)... Okay, so the house isn't clean but the laundry is done.  First article for the paper turned in (& meeting attended)  Second looming (article not meeting.  The meetings have cookies & nuts...).  Third glaring.  And the fourth getting ready to walk out the door.  Car registration due, oh-oh no not that again.  I will get my people, meaning BC, on it right away.  Homeschooler abducted by the fence project, that should be interesting. 
What needs to happen today?  Homemade syrup. Master waffle batch becasue the milk has over stayed its welcome.
 
Waffles: Move over Ego. Double any old waffle recipe.  Cool them on a wire rack then freeze. Here is the trick I cook the waffles on the light side so when you toast them later they get warm without burning.  Other trick; if I forgot I was making waffles and they came out pre-browned. I cut them into strips and toast them in the toaster-oven that way the middles get warm in less time.  We call those dipping waffles! It happens.

What else needs to get done? Bread store for rolls.  Ninja to gym on time 4 p.m.  If the Boy Josh comes over to help with the fence: follow him around uselessly.  If he doesn't: follow the ground around uselessly while I run the park.  Pick up ninja 8 p.m.

Question of the day: Should I even bother to shower?  If one showers after crossfit in the morning but then goes running in the early evening was that shower wasted?

The good stuff: I have an email in my inbox from the Devil, yep, you bet ya! He goes by Will, and he was just letting me know that I have 2 spots bought & paid for in Hell on Aug 4. 

PS by now I have given up and showered...

No comments:

Post a Comment