Saturday, August 17, 2013

beneath still water



In the loudness of silence there is a place to rest

A lee to take shelter in

But there is also sadness
 Cold, dark water with no end
As still as black glass
I fear staying here too long will take me
And yet here I am again
Looking out at the world 
wondering 
One day I will simply not go back
This I know and it does not scare me

In the loudness of silence there is peace I hardly know in my life

A temptation to linger

To shut everything out that is beyond 
And slip below the surface
But just past the gate a child is standing in the morning light looking for her mother
She calls blindly like a little bird from a nest 
Turning in a perfect circle 
Calling at each curve
Her voice reaching me in ripples 
Her trust and her need are a soft whisper saying: hope is not dead only sleeping

August 17, 2013 mlb






No comments:

Post a Comment