Saturday, March 16, 2013

you are what you read

My head is not all the way right but the day is beautiful and like all days in early Spring meant to be used.  So my book is in a chair with reading glasses and I am headed into the field three dogs in tow on a thistle hunt.  The plan is as it has been for the last hour to fill the large black bin I am dragging then read a chapter in my book & repeat.  

At the edge of the compost pile I pass Beach flower pot in hand, "Mom, remember those flowers that are purple they first look like grass but darker and grassier than grass, well the neighbor said they are just weeds and I could have them, can I have them?" 



"Sure, they may not transplant but you can try."  

Her friend a neighbor child closing in behind her.  Beach leans in to take what she needs of the well tended soil and says, "Never enough to fill a grave, isn't that right, never enough to fill it." [Pet Sematary, Stephen King] Awesome.  That kid is awesome.    



No comments:

Post a Comment