Tuesday, October 23, 2012

running on real ground

I didn’t take a leap of faith and hit the street running because I believed I was ready to return to being me; road runner me.  I did it because before Beach and I headed to the pool today my treadmill refused to turn on (happens from time to time).  I needed that run and no mater how hard I tried to ignore it I couldn’t.  Hours passed and I couldn’t let the day go without the sweet heat and abuse of a good run. 
 
I got dinner rolling: Parmesan chicken, roasted red potatoes, and ginger glazed carrots.  Turned to BC and said, “Don’t burn the chicken I’m going running.”

This used to be the normal but it is something we haven’t seen in sometime.  He played it cool.  He didn’t ask even one of the six best questions to be asking me: Have you eaten today? Is your foot really okay enough to run on? Are you hydrated? Have you checked your sugars? Do you know it is cold and raining? And are you taking the dogs?  Instead he assured me dinner was in good hands then ever so slyly suggested I take my phone and he let me walk away alone, unquestioned, unchecked, and dog-less into the damp cool night.
Love is a gamble, win or lose. 
Friendship is an Ace, it can help make you or break you. 
Believing you can turn your weakest card into a winning hand, that is either called stupid or brilliant depending on the outcome.

“You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.”
~Kenny Rogers, The Gambler    

[photos from today 10/23 last year Topaz Mt.]

No comments:

Post a Comment