Tuesday, September 25, 2012

for the love of third dog, my bike


Rainy day biking wear & ps look at Boo's tired eyes
from not wearing her glasses yesterday
I just ran 66 minutes on my treadmill.  And although even 6 months ago I would have said, "yeah, why'd you quite so early?" today it was a personal marathon. My feet still hurt.  I still limp when I walk but I have a more important soul to care for. 

And in this moment of accepting my place back as a true runner I want to thank my bike who I have come to see as Third Dog, a necessary evil, a way to keep body moving while I waited for my feet to work enough to run on for really-reals, a great way to make going to the store fun (I hate the store), and in the middle of a long day a great way to get Beach to stop talking or at least not be able to hear her talking. 

Here we are at the bottom of the mountain of really-reals; I can run again.  I'm back on my feet and yet I have to admit I sort-of have fallen in love with biking...just a little bit. I haven't wrecked yet, knowing me that is when I will really be in love.    

No comments:

Post a Comment