Saturday, August 4, 2012

oh-hell


You can see how unsure I was as Brandon, one of my best friends, & I headed out this morning for The Devil Dash, a 5K mud run.  (BC calls it the Mud Prom, told me not to get knocked up, lol).
I had a hard time smiling (& BC is the worst pic taker ever).  But this is why we have good friends; it makes it harder to give up on yourself.



My not so sweet good-bye to BC.
The running wasn't bothering me, 3 miles is nothing.  It was the obstacles that required strength (and balls) to get through, those with height and nets and ropes.  Ignoring the rest of the crazy fun we had, like my smart-ass fall in the tires and my full on belly flop drive down the slip & slide, it was sort of a team building exercise for me, myself, & I.  And we had to do it twice: Doubt and I climbed up one side for the steeples and fear and I climbed down the other while the guys managing the course made sure I was making it from the top and Brandon making sure I making it from to the bottom. 
.

Before
After
Did I say I was unsure when we left?
I placed *34 out of about 550 other women without trying to do anything other than finish in one piece.  I'm not sure how doubt or fear did I lost track of them somewhere out there in all that mud.
Like I said, this is why we have good friends.
One day I might learn to stand on my own two feet & trust in my own ability
until then, thank you (again) Brandon & Crystal :)   
Let me amend that number official results put me at #30!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment