Thursday, July 12, 2012

how not to teach your dog to swim

 Little Ginger Dog hates water. 
You might have read somewhere that she has a very good reason for feeling that way SHE CANNOT SWIM. 
No joke, can't even doggy paddle just bobs up and down, more down than up, then sinks like a brick. It is the strangest thing. 
So today at the lake I decided to teach her to swim. 








It was going well (that is relative, I could get her to come out with me in very shallow water if I dragged her or carried her) until we took a nice canoe ride through boat chop across the lake.  On the return while helping her back in the canoe I accidentally bounced her out the other side of the boat- splat into the lake.  A few french words in front of my mother-in-law and a rescue from BC she was back in the canoe and back to hating water.
I suppose a life vest is the best bet at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment