Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I got this, again


Honestly, it makes me laugh. BC is one of the smartest men I have ever met and yet... 
He called the gym while I was working to tell me he found the homemade chili I left simmering in the crockpot for dinner. Ten points captain obvious. 
He told me something he thought was wonderful about his kid, something about the proper way to stain a deck, something about a limping chicken, and as I was hanging up, being at work and all, he mentioned he was getting a ride to west valley.... alright, I'll ask why one would do that?
Answer: To pick up the truck he had just bought himself.
Okay, not the order I would have had a conversation in but... making small talk around the vision of my car coming in about 230K+ miles, I ask politely, "Oh, something you can take hunting?" and he tells me no, there isn't time to get it registered.
Hey BC, by chance did you also forget to mention you are going hunting in the near future? 
Oh yeah, I'm leaving tomorrow before dawn....and the kid doesn't have school.
Right. 
Wait. 
Which kid? 
The one who starred in last weeks school suspension? And was never punished?
Yeah, that kid.  
And am I watching said kid for you?
Yep, sure as heck am.
But BC I have some scheduling conflicts like I just got an email that gym for Beach was moved to morning practice but I still work the afternoon shifts, including the shift I picked up on Wed. 
And he says, "Sorry I didn't know- you should have told me sooner...."
Right? 
I really need to work on my communication skills.
Then the bizarre happened. Beach got sick at gym while waiting for me to finish my shift.
She had been fine all through practice but fell apart sitting in a chair complaining that her stomach hurt and refusing to give any other information.
4 am BC hands me coffee in my favorite blue mug, kisses me on the head, and says, "Sorry I'm leaving you with a puking ninja. After you fell asleep last night I arranged my parents to take my kid to the airport. He is flying to his mom's for the weekend. And I fed the chickens for you."

~Now we're getting somewhere~

No comments:

Post a Comment