Tuesday, September 10, 2013

not sleep


 That is not called sleep



I woke up screaming, it happens.
I woke up to the tiniest sound, a cat, a dog, a moth
I woke up to the heavy smell skunk lofting in, not a passing skunk a spraying one
I woke up to a hang-up call sometime around 1 am 
I woke up to my head pounding, my ear wet with blood, this I should have seen coming when I placed my earbuds in my ear at the park I heard a sloshing sound  it went well with the dull ache and stuffiness that had been building
I woke up to BC rolling over.
I woke up to the aftermath of a gun nightmare shaking.

Post run watching over the construction
of Pratt's Trail to rush hour going by
on the Interstate beyond.



I woke up sick.

You ever have one of these nights?

I had a pretty off day yesterday, not bad just a series of little errors that eat at me when I not looking.  Accidentally cutting someone off is traffic, spending too much money on something, a forgotten bag in the car, a slower than necessary run in the park, chores skipped, corners cut, things not said, things too said, and bread eaten.  In my defense it was really good bread. And on the positive side I got this far before getting sick that is simply amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment