Monday, August 5, 2013

to know yourself

I am standing in the Pro Shop at the gym (my sugar is too low and my back is so jacked up it is hard to breathe) when a half naked baby wanders past.  Then a toddler busying talking away to no one.  I know them, my head says.  These are my people, my heart says.  They are followed by their mother and when I see her I remember I am not alone, even when I think I am.  I have good people who know where I live.  People who know when they call at 9 PM that they are most likely waking me up (thanks Mrs. K for not making fun of me!).  People who know 6 AM isn't too early it's too late.  People who know what matters to me most is loyalty and coffee.  People who know the quickest way in and out of my heart is through how one treats my children. People who admit to their own short comings and help me admit to mine.  People who know better than to let me pace myself (thanks Jazi).

It's not just them the half naked baby or the toddler or their mother (who I spent a good half hour on the phone early in the day working how we are going to get our kids under the new schedule to and from gym together) it is also all the other friends who are there.  Even faraway friends.  People that have always been there it seems :) Thank you friends. And T, I am glad you are back and I helped myself to one of your hard lemonades, it was fantastic :)     
 XoXo  Misty

1 comment:

  1. Misty - I had no idea. I am glad we wander into your space often enough to catch you when needed. Even if it's an accident.
    I'm gonna start packing snacks for you too.
    As we drove home tonight, Beach was asking everyone their favorite animal. I thought for a long time.
    ~~~Octopus~~~I said.
    "That's my Mom's too."
    "Of course it is," I said, "Of course it is."

    ReplyDelete