Monday, May 27, 2013

forty

When I turned forty I swore off the lounging about sun worship thing and for the most part I have been so good about wearing sunscreen and hats....
but there was this teeny-tiny bikini in my dresser that has no practical use, 
it seemed very lonely 
and I figured no one was around
 I can't be good all the time & I can't be right about everything 
but you can bet I will remember not to leave my camera lying around unattended when I'm up to no good!
I guess forty years just isn't enough time to grow-up in
 But I figured out a few things over my lifetime
At some point women have to realize their bodies are not the enemy
mine carried me 8 miles today 
one step at time 
one foot in front of the other
 miles as smooth & slick as falling rain 
 I do believe I have earned a little bit of worship


No comments:

Post a Comment