Thursday, March 21, 2013

putting up walls

Thursday brought sunlight and snow on the second wall.


And a one man army working on the third.


 A food coop Grapapple.


A house with a horse in the yard. 


And and empty spot left behind by whomever it was who stole my car last night.


And yet my grown kids have proven themselves useful & so have many of my quieter friends.  People standing behind me with offers like well, the use of their own car no strings attached...that one blew me away.

A note to the taker: I'm not mad or sad but I do feel rather sorry for you.  In the back of Little Red is a large box of paper grocery bags my boss kindly donated to me to donate to the food coop or the People's Market, either place could really use them.  One dollar silly string yet unused from St. Patricks day that belongs to a child who is slowly losing her sight is on the seat along with 2 magic capes we were lending out for a little girl's grade school book report, and somewhere is a bag of hand-me-downs meant for a little princess who seems to wear the hell out of anything we send her.  So if you don't mind riding around with all your bad intentions in a car of good then you don't.   But you should know you didn't really take a car you took part of the life a mom, the part she uses to care for her children. And with that you stole things from little kids. That makes you an apron thief and that is a little less glamorous than I assume you were going for, sorry can't help you with that.  So yes, my car is worth almost nothing to the greater world or to you, no expensive stereo, electronics, parts, cash or other to be found only the things I listed. A collection of small daily kindnesses you and people like you refuse to understand.     



1 comment:

  1. your car sounds just like mine! Why do I need a mini-van? to cart around children who are not mine, and to shuttle donations to their various homes! It's a good life.

    ReplyDelete