Thursday, October 25, 2012

open lines

In the dark on the day of first snow drinking coffee with BC watching Beach try to act surprised she woke up in our bed for the second night in a row...some one let her watch yet another Stephen King movie.  In my defense, okay I don't have one I just let her do it. 

So there we are nearly picture perfect morning minus the kid in our bed, the cat in our bed, and my dog's nose circling the bed like a shark's fin. 

Me (thinking about snow and how cold it is getting) "Hey, when are you leaving hunting again?" Now I have already answered this question in my head 'I've decided to stay home with you Dear'.  This I have a defense for: he has not said one word about leaving again since he got home whenever that was.  But turns out BC has his own answer and it was very different from mine, "I was trying to get out of here this afternoon but I really need to finish the tile job." *spit coffee out my nose* "OH!" trying to recover from the shock, "So you are leaving tomorrow then?" Here too I have the answer in my head already 'No, I think I will stay home'.  And again he seems to have his own answer, "Probably tonight."

Yeah-so, I'm really glad we had this little talk because about dinner time I'd be looking for you but do me a favor, if we ever get the chance to go on one of those game shows where the couples have to each write the same answer on a card to win things, let's turn it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment