Sunday, July 1, 2012

outside in, a Sunday morning

Some morning garden love is going on...
One of the naughty hens torn through the garden up ending some onions so I let Beach remove a few of the less happy victims of when chickens attack.
Good Morning, Winky!
Good Morning you screwy carrots.
Shhhh, Baby Egg Plants!
Lots of grapes, maybe the chickens will share some with us this year.  Deer netting always helps.
How about sunshine and peaches.
Or hot house tomatoes.
(sure you aren't smirking but this is all sounding pretty rated R to me...) I should back inside before I get into too much trouble.
Meow.  Apparently the cats cannot read.  But it is okay because they don't want clean panties they want breakfast.
It is a little unsettling to see all three of them together.  Definitely has the Cat-Lady feel.
So much for safety, here is where it gets dangerous...
we are going hiking this afternoon
and I thought a picnic would be nice. 
How about pecan and coconut sticky rolls?
And roasted potato salad?
With a bottle of sun tea, some ripe pears,
& a garden fresh cucumber?
Right, I should pack insulin.

1 comment:

  1. What a glorious garden you have! As a kid, I always loved eating the carrots that grew in strange shapes. You knew they were home grown, because you never saw carrots like that in the store!

    ReplyDelete